No Experience Required: three words we have all longed for at some point in our lives. Here’s how you can volunteer with kids on a mobile dental clinic abroad!
Are you looking for the chance to do something that really matters? Do you dream of adventure? Would you like to experience something that can truly change your life?
Global Dental Relief provides children all over the world with comprehensive dental care. Rewarding opportunities on our mobile dental clinics are offered all around the globe with no previous dental experience required.
Have a background in management or quality control? You would be an asset to our team in records management or sterilization.
How about education or administration? You would be great at toothbrush instruction or keeping the clinic flowing.
Over the past 15 years, over 500 non-dental volunteers have been an integral part of our ability to provide dental care to over 100,000 children across the globe.
There are several ways you can volunteer on our mobile dental clinics abroad without having any knowledge of dentistry whatsoever:
- Oral hygiene educators work with props and translators to teach kids how to avoid plaque and keep their teeth clean. Lots of fun for volunteers who love kids!
- Record keepers ensure that every child got the care they need, and check the children out of the clinic with the gift of a sticker–sure to bring a bright smile to every child’s face!
- Volunteers applying fluoride provide a crucial last step to the dental visit, helping ward off cavities until the child’s next visit.
- Assistants are trained in the field and serve chairside. In addition to helping a dentist or hygienist do their work, assistants keep kids happy and comfortable during their visit.
- Sterilization is a busy post for an energetic and well-organized volunteer. You’re making sure that all used instruments are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized before redistribution.
- Clinic flow is a great job if you love speed and efficiency! You’re in charge of making sure the 100 or so kids who move through the clinic every day get to exactly where they need to be.